3D Project Development, Slate Sublimation an heat press machine.

Sublimation Printing on Blank Slate Using a Heat Press Machine.

 Because I am afraid about my 3D project because coming a end of the term. I want have one more chance for another more effort, I didn't give up and I going forward. I was order a blank slate (granite) with polymer surface, also I was order a printings copies of my pictures on sublimation printer and heat transfer tape. That is require to achieve a goals. I have to wait for printings copy and for blank slate. When all my items will be ready I have to put that picture sublimation printer put on the blank slate upside down, and stick that picture to the granite using a tape. After that I have to use a silicone matt below and on the top of the component. Next step will be put that to the heat press machine for seven minutes on 180-200 (recommended temperature and timing is 180/6 min) degrees Celsius. And after that will see , will be working or now. Additionally I was  spend last two weeks to contacting with company's in England and Poland who can help me realized my project. Especially who have heat press machine. I was find appropriate business who help me with my effort. I was study last month knowledge about how to do that and I think I have enough information to that challenge. Will see, I am really tired but I hope so will be worth it. 


 


I starting my adventure with that blank photo slate. I am very lucky because my rock coming to me in one day and I can all ready start. 

I was print 3 different pictures to check which one will be best for that operation - cost 10.80 Pounds plus heat tape 3.99 and rock slate 10.00 pounds plus cost of the machine shearing. Also plus cost another think namely I had to pay for using heat press machine ... we can said I was pay 10 Pounds :). 

Because my time is short I was decide doing 2 pieces of 3D , If one will be fail another maybe better. My first art work I decide doing in Leicester, I was spend many many days to find appropriate place with heat press machine. Even if I was find some place people don't want help me and they said we can't put your rock to our machine. I spend few days on the telephone considering what I have to do. But thanks God we have good people on this planet and I was find 2 people in Leicester and surrounding area of Coventry. In Leicester I was start my adventure, namely I going to the company with sublimation printing an they agree for my idea. I was bring my blank slate rock (granite) with polymer on the top (I was order on the eBay) and all equipment what I need. 

 



When I was there I start prepare everything. And I was put my paper on the green matt. On that paper I was put my rock upside down ( white polymer to the down). After that step I was start folding paper and stick them to the rock from the back side using a heat resist tape to avoid melt . 

 






I was using the heat resistance tape to hold my photograph on the sublimation paper steady and stabile. 

After that step I was pu the rock to the heat press machine for 6.30 min and 185 Degree Celsius. 
Kind person help me put that rock to his machine and set the pressure. 


I was put also silicon matt on the top help keep the temperature and avoid sticky places and dirt the machine.



If somebody don't believe me I include picture below...



After when time up I have take out the rock from the sublimation heat press machine and imminently remove the paper to avoid movable , blur and sticky problems. I know I should be have a gloves but unfortunately ... disappeared but they have a towel so was good.






 

I was so exited from the effect , honestly even people from the printing house was in shock , that working. Colours was so life and effect is incredible. I didn't give up, that is the most important. Was close to abounded my idea and conception and of course my idea evolved by I am happy from my result, my the best 3D work ever. My first idea was with normal oval rock (that was difficult , no body do that yet) and during the time my project develop and achieve a appropriate aim. I am so glad for everything. Even edges this picture is in the textures colours. Minus that work is expensive progress if you do not have any help from the outside, also rock removable from the heat press machine cooling down about 1 hour. I like that way of art and I will be try again in the future. I had idea if no body help me to share a heat press machine I will be try doing that in the cooker but thanks God I didn't have to. My final view of this work.



Moreover I was doing second piece of my work but in this work they don't let me using a heat press machine. They putting to the machine and I was doing all rest thing such us prepare and removing . They putting my work to the machine face down and set machine for 700 sec (11,5 min) and 185 Celsius with medium pressure.








After that different style of the sublimation show different effort. Namely colours of the picture on the slate was more readable and colourful, also that picture was more appropriate to that task. They have gloves :)




That process was not so interesting like my previous because I didn't have 100 % control on the process and they have some rules. But on the end I think that is the best work and I am happy from the result also. In both works I have stand provided from the blank slate sales producer. Below final version that art.



That different procedures and styles on the sublimation give me more accurate final effect. Namely I am happy from both works and calm because I did it and manage. Thank you




 



 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome in my blog Deliberating Photography.

Artist Elliott Erwitt photographer and filmmmaker.

Individual Sequential Photography Piotrus